Wednesday 6 August 2008

the big chill....

So last weekend myself, Dip and Graves-Morris from dareschool headed to Eastnor Castle in Herefore for the big chill festival...and what fun was had. Loads of old (and new) friends, glorius weather and great music. You know its going to be a great festival when the poster for it is this good...



It was created in partnership between design agency neighbour and photography genius of city-shrinker another image of whose is here:



..really like his work.

So what about the rest of the show?

As ever an eclectic mix at the big chill, alot of bands I can't remember the name of, some awesome comedians and some belting tracks, here's some of my favourites...

Always been a fan of the man and Bill Bailey lived up to his reputation pulling in one of the biggest crowds of the weekend, if you hav'nt seen part man part troll live stand up I suggest you go and treat yourself..



Another suprise treat was the appearance of Adam Buxton (of Adam and Joe fame)in the mixed media tent. In what was supposed to be a celebration of the best new music videos around (until a tech fault put paid to this) instead we were treated to some gems of comedy and great videos by the man himself. Check his site here.

And heres a little sample of what he's about...



Music wise there was a mixed bag but some definite highlights..

I would start elsewhere but have to mention the man first...Sunday belonged to Leonard Cohen, at the age of 73 or something he brought the biggest weekend crowd and did not disappoint. I found it amazing that his voice seems to get better with age unlike other musicians from his generation. I saw Bob Dylan a few years ago and felt a bit let down, the same with Brian Wilson, admittedly they've been ripping it up for decades but it was so refreshing to see and entertainer at the top of his game and enjoying himself. I salute LC...



My favourite...



Other highlights were the asian dub foundation who played an awesome and energetic set. I have seen these boys a few times and they never dissapoint....



Elsewhere I was most dissapointed to have missed Scott Hansen/Tycho/ISO50. A designer, musician, photographer. I did'nt get my arse in gear and read the programme in enough detail so was bloody elsewhere. May be a while before I get another chance. Check it out just in case he's in your neck of the woods...





And im still quite tired from it all....

*

(*Dip mistry photography)

1 comment:

The Oxymorons said...

It was a pleasure my next of kin. Loving the photo recognition too. Give credit where it's due. We all rocked.

DM